Seven things...

     Seven of my favorite books on my darling old stove. 
    Close up photograph of the signed books. 

    I've been tagged over at Hila's blog for a Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks Hila. So as part of the award you have to share seven things about yourself... I recently did just that for another award, so I thought I would share seven of my favorite books instead.

    My favorites would vary on any given day, but today I have chosen:

    1. The catalogue of Man Ray's photography that I picked up at the Queensland Art Gallery when an exhibition of his work toured here in about 2004.

    2. Writings and Drawings by Bob Dylan (1972).

    3. An autographed copy of Paul Kelly's How to Make the Gravy. He is one of the greatest singer/ songwriters ever.

    4. A signed copy of Allen Ginsberg's Holy Soul Jelly Roll: Poems and Songs 1949- 1993 that I purchased (with joy) at the Beat Museum in San Francisco. Though technically not a book, I am sure you will forgive me.

    5. A very dog-eared copy of Douglas Adam's The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy: A Trilogy in Four Parts.  Published in 1984 before he wrote the fifth novel, I read this so many times in high school.

    6. A boxed edition of Haruki Murakami's Norwegian Wood. So beautiful, I bought this online because I couldn't find a paperback copy of it anywhere at the time.

    7. And a signed copy of Lawrence Ferlinghetti's Poetry as Insurgent Art. I love the poem "Popular Manifesto # 1".

    The seven books were hard to choose, but not as hard as coming up with another seven things about me that you may not know. Now I get pass on the Versatile Bloggers Award and get some other bloggers to share seven things about themselves - if they want to play along. So I tag some of my favorite blogs: Another Lost Shark,  Time's Stemmed FlowWhispering Gums, Nonsuch Book, Interpolations, Kit and Nancy,  and Handmade Romance.

Post Title

Seven things...


Post URL

http://popeyesmotto.blogspot.com/2011/03/seven-of-my-favorite-books-on-my.html


Visit Trend Clip Art for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts