Archibald...


    If I am lucky, while I am in Sydney I might get to see the Archibald prize exhibition at the New South Wales art gallery! It starts on the 16th of April and goes until the 26th of June. When I was an art teacher, I taught a unit every year on the Archibald prize and it was one of my favourite units. The students loved the portraits and painted a portrait of their own of someone they admired in the style of one of the previous winners, and then we would have an exhibition of their portraits. There are definitely some things I miss about teaching, and seeing the students apply their knowledge and be creative is certainly one of them.

    The Archibald Prize is one of Australia’s oldest and most prestigious art awards. JF Archibald’s primary aims were to foster portraiture, support artists and perpetuate the memory of great Australians. Since its inception in 1921 the prize has been awarded to some of Australia’s most important artists, including George Lambert, William Dobell and Brett Whiteley. - New South Wales Art Gallery. 

Post Title

Archibald...


Post URL

http://popeyesmotto.blogspot.com/2011/03/2010-archibald-prize-winner-sam-leach.html


Visit Trend Clip Art for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts