Pounds to dollars...

    Today I have been looking at changes that were occurring in the 1960s in Australia. I've been piecing together different elements of the social-political landscape from that decade, and I came across this great clip for the introduction of decimal currency. I had never seen any of the advertising campagin for the 1966 currency change. It reminded me of when I was little and my Grandpa still referred to things as costing "two bob", or a "shilling" and so forth, and I never knew what he was talking about. So I hope you enjoy this random little find. Perhaps teachers should show this clip to kids in school today?



    PS. Also just found some great rediscovered clips of Beat poets reading, they have been up loaded here

Post Title

Pounds to dollars...


Post URL

http://popeyesmotto.blogspot.com/2011/06/today-i-have-been-looking-at-changes.html


Visit Trend Clip Art for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts