The Garden of Eden...


    Hope you had a great Christmas and Happy Boxing Day. I am still transcribing the interview and I am now more than half-way through Hemingway's The Garden of Eden. It is the kind of book that I don't want to read too fast, because I have no more Hemingway to read after I finish it. I need to track down some more. I have read: The Sun Also Rises, A Farewell to Arms, The Old Man and The Sea, A Movable Feast, Men Without Women, Death In The Afternoon and now The Garden of Eden. (Which has recently been made into a movie).

    There is a great quote in chapter eleven: "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know." Considering Hemingway's end it seems somewhat prophetic; however, it is difficult not to read foreboding into the way Hemingway writes about death. I don't find him depressing though, I enjoy Hemingway immensely and don't want to run out of books of his to read. I need to find copies of For Whom the Bell Tolls, To Have and Have Not and his books of short stories. Do you have a favorite Hemingway work?

Post Title

The Garden of Eden...


Post URL

http://popeyesmotto.blogspot.com/2010/12/hemingway-hope-you-had-great-christmas.html


Visit Trend Clip Art for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts