Tolstoy in 112 mins,

    Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love. Everything is united by it alone.
    - Leo Tolstoy

    I have just watched The Last Station (2009) a film more about the last days of Tolstoy's life, his wife and the Tolstoyan movement then his writing. But a moving piece of cinema that addresses universal themes about love, commitment, betrayal and death as well as some of life's various dichotomies and ironies.

    Certainly worth watching, but the somber ending left me a little lost and wishing I hadn't watched it alone.
    What do I do now? I thought, sitting on the couch contemplating Tolstoy's philosophy.
    Can I just make a coffee and go on with my own life?
    What would Tolstoy have done?

Post Title

Tolstoy in 112 mins,


Post URL

http://popeyesmotto.blogspot.com/2010/07/image-love-is-life.html


Visit Trend Clip Art for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts