Inspiration...

    I have been checking out two very inspiring blogs, one is called Blogging the Canon by a self professed "middle-aged scientist/musician" who made a list of 105 books that he should read and is making his way through them. The other is Kristin's Book Blog, a blog about "life and literature" that also lists the "Modern Library Top 100 of the 20th Century", Kristin impressively only has 13 books to go!

    It inspired me to look up top 100 book lists (there are so many!) and I found the Guardian's top 100. I have copied the list onto the blog and highlighted in orange the books I have read - no where near as impressive as Kristin's list - I have only read 25.

    So now I can't decide if I should make a reading list like the "scientist/musician" at Blogging the Canon, or take on a 100 book challenge like Kristin. I must remember also that I am about to embark on a new thesis (60,000 to 100,000 words). So maybe just a small list?

    I also read in a news article that most people have only read approximately six books on most top 100 book lists - how did you go?

Post Title

Inspiration...


Post URL

http://popeyesmotto.blogspot.com/2010/07/image-i-have-been-checking-out-two-very.html


Visit Trend Clip Art for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts