Murakami Design...

    It was at least five years ago that my sister lent me Murakami's Dance, Dance, Dance, it was a strange and wonderful book, unlike anything else I had read. At that time I was ready predominately classics, philosophy and poetry. The only works I read by living writers were when they were part of a course at university. I felt that I had so much history to catch up on and so much learning to do that I avoided contemporary fiction. So Murakami was a turning point for me. After Dance, Dance, Dance, I read A Wild Sheep Chase and went on to work my way through nearly all of his back catalogue that has been published in English. He is such an amazing writer. He seems honest and knowledgeable, there is a wonderful repetition of themes and motifs throughout his books, I love how he writes about music, food, cats and ears. I would recommend him to anyone.

    Norwegian Wood is one of Murakami's most popular novels, and as I posted recently, it has been adapted into a film. Over at Don't Panic there is a design competition to create a poster for the film. Below are some examples from the website. So if you are a designer, you have until the end of the month to make a poster, information and images at Don't Panic.




Post Title

Murakami Design...


Post URL

http://popeyesmotto.blogspot.com/2011/02/it-was-at-least-five-years-ago-that-my.html


Visit Trend Clip Art for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts