Poetry @ Confit Bistro



    Last night I went to Poetry @ Confit Bistro, a delightful little mediterranean/European restaurant in the Valley, where I enjoyed poetry with tappas and wine. Trudie Murrell was the first reader, Sheish Money played guitar, Graham Nunn read, as did Rob Morris, and then the highlight of the night was when the three boys all performed together. It was marvelous; Confit has a wonderful atmosphere, there was great food and lively conversation between readings. I caught up with a long lost friend, who though I haven't seen her for some 12 (!) years, it was like we had only spoken last month.

    I also met new and interesting people and enjoyed the change of reading poetry by myself all day to seeing and hearing it performed live. It reminded me about something I read some time ago that Gary Snyder said when interviewed after Ginsberg died. He was asked what Ginsberg had taught him, and he said that Ginsberg had taught him the importance of poetry being read aloud, that it was meant to performed. Not much compares to hearing a poet read their own work.

    Last night was the last poetry reading at Confit for the year, but it will start again in the New Year, so I will let you know when it begins again. It certainly is a great way to spend a Thursday night.

Post Title

Poetry @ Confit Bistro


Post URL

http://popeyesmotto.blogspot.com/2010/11/image-credit-last-night-i-went-to.html


Visit Trend Clip Art for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts