More Norfolk Island...







    Norfolk Island is a wee dot in the middle of the ocean (1610kms ENE of Sydney, 1456kms ESE of Brisbane, 1063kms NNW of Auckland and 772kms SE of Noumea).

    They say that the tourists that come to Norfolk are either "Newly weds, or nearly dead", and while grey hair abounded on the flight over and on tour buses we spotted about the Island, a lot of people who belong to the middle section of that statement are certainly missing out.

    Despite being ill for the trip, I saw Phillip Island and Nepean Island from my hotel room, I went on drives about the Island and saw Ball Bay, Ansen Bay, One Hundred Acre Woods, walked out to Rocky Point, went to Kingston (the convict settlement), I saw a play ("The Trail of the Fifteen"), went shopping (tax free), went to the Norfolk Island museum, the cyclorama etc. etc. The Island reminded me of parts of New Zealand, Byron Bay and Nimbin in New South Wales.

    We were there a week and there was so much more left to do! My partner did some of the tours that I couldn't make it to like the "Wonderland by Night", stories and poetry told in the rain forest that is all lit up. He went on a history tour with Arthur Evans, a Norfolk local who is incredibly interesting and knowledgeable (I did get to meet him - I just missed the tour). The locals were wonderful and I loved the cows roaming about the place everywhere, the Island was exceptionally green and the views from all over the Island were picturesque. It certainly in a too well hidden secret Norfolk Island, I loved it. And of course it was the perfect place to get engaged!

Post Title

More Norfolk Island...


Post URL

http://popeyesmotto.blogspot.com/2010/09/norfolk-island-is-wee-dot-in-middle-of.html


Visit Trend Clip Art for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts